The reaction or so-called response paper is a type of research document that includes reading a certain text, and then recording one’s thoughts and feelings about the document.
In general, it is a reaction to the text, but it can be a response to a controversial question, consisting of two related texts, an interview of a prominent entrepreneur, or just your impression of a film.
So, on your command essay?
See the Travel essays example
Writing off-transfer paper
- The first step includes extensive reading and critical thinking. Analyze everything you've read to support your ideas in writing. Try to look at objects from a different perspective.
- It is important to provide justification for your statements, as you should not simply summarize the text, but write your own thoughts about the author's message.
- Collect all information, ask questions, and start the evaluation. Note everything down, some sentences will be useful to you.
- Stick to the requirements your teacher gave you.
- You may need to present your point of view regarding virtually any part w of the text. For example, an instructor can ask you to evaluate or analyze the text, compare the characters, express your opinion about different events and characters’ decisions, or present the idea of text.
- Don't be afraid to ask about the task if you don't understand what the tutor wants to see in the final paper.
- As you start reading, you are only familiarizing with the plot, the main characters, and the setup of the novel. It is only after reading that you begin to think about this task and form your own opinion about the text.
- It is therefore important to reread and reacquire information for you to have some time to think about it and consider ideas. The more you have read the text, the more new information and justification you will find for your work.
- After long hours of subsequent reading,list of your feelings and thoughts about the piece, the key ideas of your text, using phrases like I think ... I thought ... I believe, start explaining it.
- In the first step, you can simply comment on the various quotations you recorded while reading.
- The question of the analysis of the text message is: What is the author's message? How does the author transmit their idea? The problems that the author is trying to draw to the reader's attention? What are the methods they use to show the weak and strong sides of the main characters?
- Theory is used to demonstrate the importance of your ideas.
- Be brief in the thesis so that anyone who reads your work can understand the content and problem of your research.
- Don't forget that your thesis reflects what you are going to analyze and, therefore, make sure that you have enough reasons and ground to support your argument
- The reaction paper has the same basic format as any other type of work: introductory paragraph, several paragraphs of body and conclusion.
- In this case, read the brief with the assignment and your comments about the author's subject message, and then select the ideas you like most. Gather them in notes that you will turn into paragraphs.
- Each paragraph begins with a response or quotation. Comment on the author's ideas, contrast them with your ideas, and then provide evidence to justify your arguments.
- The introduction includes the name of the text, the author's name, and its thesis. Ensure that you have all of these elements in the first paragraph.
- In the body section where you can express your opinion, discuss the key points of your research and provide value judgements. Include your own opinion in order to justify the statements.
- Conclusion is a way to sum up your ideas and your last chance to make a good impression. Therefore, it is important to return to the thesis in the introduction (not paraphrasing, try to find a solution) or ask the question for further thinking.
- As a final step, you should correctly read your work to correct all grammatical and spelling errors and punctuation errors. Delete the words that you do not need.
- Make sure your document contains a coherent response and is written by the instructor's instructions.
- Find a person to read your essay and advice on the mistakes to correct.
How to write an essay about Traveling
Development of your essay topic
- This is the most important step, as it guides your further research. First, you must gather all the facts that you know about your trip and analyze your own experience.
- Essay about travel can be almost any: rules that should be remembered during the journey, unforgettable impressions, your own ideas and dreams, travel routes, etc.
- Make sure you can support your essay structurally.
Divide the paper into the following parts:
- The introduction should include a thesis that reflects the basic idea of your essay.
- Show your strongest ideas in body paragraphs and support with evidence. Try to find a solution to your essay problem. You can also give your opinion at this point.
- As the last part of your essay, your final statement and the question for further discussion should be included.
- Develop a title to attract the attention of the reader. Your title should convince people to read your work to the end. You can use up to 8 words in the header.
- Don't forget to check the paper for grammatical errors. Avoid punctuation mistakes and repeated words.
- Analyze your language. Do not use contractions or slang.
- Make sure that your paragraphs do not deviate from the main idea of the essay that was said in the thesis.
Travel Essay Sample
Traveling is one of the most popular activities, and it is a great way to spend free time or vacation. In addition, it helps to relax one’s mind after many months of hard work, and opens a new perspective on things. So, is it just a way to relax? Can people take advantage of their journeys?
Everybody around the world travel to other countries to learn something new and have a good time. Nevertheless, during a trip, the adventurist may encounter various obstacles and must deal with them, find a solution. In this way, people get the invaluable experience they can't get from the books. Travelers can find themselves in unexpected complex situations and learn how to deal with them. For example, a search for a railway without a map or a knowledge of a language can be a very difficult task for tourists and requires special skills. Moreover, it is a great chance to meet new people and develop your communication.
In fact, travel can change people's world views and mindsets. People need to get off the couch, get out of the comfort zone and pack their bags to explore other countries and new cultures. Naturally, this may be a very stressful situation, but it is a great opportunity to change one’s life for the better. It is important to visit national museums and galleries during the trip, as this will help to understand the country's mentality and start seeing things from a different perspective. Cultural exchange is an important part of the journey, which helps to develop individuality and create new unforgettable memories.
To sum up, travel is not just entertainment, nor is it a way to relax, but a chance to open up to new opportunities and gain immeasurable experience.
A list of topics related to Essay for 2017
If you consider the possibility of writing an essay, it will be useful for you to review the following topics:
- Kakunga's and Sokkung's falcons: meet and stay with local residents from all parts of the world.
- What affects a person?
- If you were going to stay on the island and take some things with you, what would it be, and why?
- What is your best travel destination and why?
- What rules do you have to remember when you go on a trip?
- If you could travel back in time, what century would you choose and what places would you like to visit and why?
- Describe the worst vacation you've ever had. What actions do you need to take to prevent this from happening again?
- If you had a chance to go anywhere, which place would you choose and why?
- Importance of traveling with friends.
- Advantages of travelling alone.
- Describe the time you traveled alone. What are your obstacles? You know something new about yourself?
- Hitchhiking tips. My first experience hitchhiking.
- What you need to know about hitchhiking in my country.
- Have you ever considered working as a tour guide? Which city would you choose for work?
- The advantages and disadvantages of the management profession.
- Which method of travel do you think is most convenient and why?
- Advantages of travelling by car.
- “For" and "against" air travel.
- The advantages and disadvantages of travelling by sea.
- My first train ride. Advantages of travelling by train.
- Tips for the people who want to visit your hometown.
- Compare reading books and traveling. What is the way to know more about the world?
- What can you learn about different cuisines on your trip?
- Have you ever dreamt about traveling into space? What it’s like?